Monday, January 6, 2014

Day Four recap: shopping with intent to craft

Day four: Saturday, January 4, 2014.  My mom's retirement party!!!  This is great because it means she has more time to devote to crafting!!!  On our way to the party, I stopped at JoAnn Fabrics.  Rich and I had discussed me crocheting a basket to keep our winter scarves/hats/gloves in, instead of them being thrown on the shelf inside the door.  I showed him a pattern from MooglyBlog: Birch Bark basket, and we went yarn shopping.

the crate of holding
size 10 crochet thread
Well, we opted to buy a pre-made basket (50% off and already made), and I bought a basket to hold my current crafts......and I bought two different yarns.  I couldn't help myself!  I don't even have anything planned for the crochet thread but I loved the color combination!

crochet cotton for coasters

The sales were just too good to avoid.  And did I mention I had a $25 gift card that I got for Christmas?  Yep, I didn't use it all up.

I didn't actually create anything Saturday, but I did repair my niece Harmonee's necklace.  Sometimes planning to craft is as enjoyable as crafting.  Actually, sometimes it's moreso, because during the planning phase you can pretend you will finish your craft on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment